Help those with disabilities in your community by joining Evansville Goodwill Industries. We take pride in helping community members with disabilities receive job training and job placement through our Work Solutions program.
As an employment services assistant, you will provide vocational training and job coaching to people with disabilities who are working in community-based and/or facility-based work sites. You will also provides clerical assistance to the Director of Human Services. The Employment Services Assistant may have to work outside of traditional daytime hours depending on the needs of the client.
This position requires up to 50% travel daily. This position is working an assigned region meaning driving to meeting locations and back to a local office. Includes mileage reimbursement.
- Perform on-site training and assessment (job coaching) of clients participating in both community and facility based work assignments.
- Teach necessary job tasks to facilitate the clients’ successful completion of the assigned tasks/skills.
- Teach job readiness (soft skills) and job search techniques to clients to facilitate successful entry and retention in the workforce.
- Develop/suggest/implement compensatory strategies/accommodations to enable clients to successfully complete job duties.
- Record observations and submit to program manager.
- Provide feedback/constructive instruction to clients related to progress on the job.
- Encourage and assist clients in the development of natural supports in the work place to facilitate job retention.
- Perform clerical tasks.
- Serve as liaison between host employer and Goodwill.
- Assure safety, health, and confidentiality standards are maintained at all times.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. required.
- Ability to work with people with disabilities in an effective, facilitating and productive manner.
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to carry out job-related activities with minimal supervision.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm or more accurately and operate standard office equipment.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office, and data base applications and the internet.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret information while demonstrating good verbal and written communication and language skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive client information.
- Ability to contribute, develop and/or adapt to new ideas and methods; demonstrate self-reliance and resourcefulness; show awareness of what needs to be done and good follow-through.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable and insured transportation.
- Must be available to work flexible first, second, and third shifts and weekends as needed.
- Able to pass drug screen and criminal history check.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.