Help those with disabilities in your community by joining Evansville Goodwill Industries. We take pride in helping community members with disabilities receive job training and job placement through our Work Solutions program.
As an employment specialist, you will coordinate training and job placement throughout the community at various companies. You will coordinate intake, eligibility, orientation, advising, and follow-up for clients who are in need of education and/or employment services throughout a multi-county territory. Coaches, mentors, and facilitates activities for training clients in order to improve employability by utilizing appropriate training methods and motivational techniques. Networks with outside resources to promote Goodwill’s programs and services and assure successful client placements.
This position requires up to 50% travel daily. The employment specialist is working an assigned region meaning driving to meeting locations and back to a local office. Includes mileage reimbursement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Job Placement and Career Services:
- Determines each individual’s level of need by identifying vocational strengths, interests, aptitudes, and barriers to employment through assessment and discovery activities.
- Develops comprehensive and individualized plans for service that include measurable goals and objectives that will result in optimal employment outcomes for individuals served.
- Functions on internal and external teams to deliver seamless services to individuals and ensure that positive relationships are maintained with referral sources, other staff, individuals served, employers, and related stakeholders.
- Teaches job search skills to individuals including, but not limited to, developing resumes and applications, identifying job leads, practicing interviewing skills, negotiating job offers, and identifying and arranging accommodations.
- Guides individuals in job search by introducing and helping them access available resources including networking with employers, job fairs, workforce development and private job listings, and relevant labor market data.
- Develops and maintains new and existing employer relationships by understanding hiring needs and trends. Provides resources to employers regarding tax incentives, accommodations and applicable hiring laws when pertinent.
- Engages in business development activities on a regular basis including active participation in internal and external job placement professional groups, networking events and advisory groups as assigned.
- Coordinates, refers and supports education or industry training for individuals served as identified in the individual’s plan for services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Retention and Support Services:
- Provides advance preparation assistance for individuals served, from the time of placement, to create a supportive and successful foundation for the initial phases of employment.
- Coordinates communication with employers as needed to ensure appropriate job supports, accommodations and employment progress.
- Facilitates all follow up and retention activities with individuals as determined by their plan, preferences and needs on an ongoing basis.
- Reviews career advancement and job growth strategies when relevant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Case Coordination:
- Coordinates all placement and retention activity with referral sources, ancillary service providers, internal team members and other identified stakeholders.
- Provides comprehensive updates and follow up with individuals, referral sources and/or interdisciplinary team members (as required by funding source or program) regarding progress achieved by individuals being served.
- Identifies, coordinates and/or makes referrals for community/support services for barriers outside of work which are impacting the individual’s success in job search or the workplace.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – Documentation:
- Maintains all individual program files in accordance with applicable procedures, policies, requirements and laws.
- Completes all program reports within established timelines and in accordance with applicable program requirements.
- Enters information into the designated database or other systems and maintains organized information regarding caseload or program outcomes, trends and other requested information to measure program success.
- Coordinates and tracks other pertinent ancillary information that impacts an individual’s services as needed or assigned.
- Disseminate and collect feedback and/or satisfaction information for individuals in the programs for submission to appropriate reporting systems.
- Completes and submits time and expense reporting information by established deadlines.
- Submits billing information and relevant documentation by established deadlines.
- Participates in the Evansville Goodwill Industries Business Advisory Council.
- Models appropriate behavior in line with the Goodwill mission and values.
- Represents Goodwill in a professional manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assumes conformance with Goodwill policy, procedures and applicable CARF standards.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- College credential, Bachelor’s Degree preferred, in human service area of study coupled with a minimum of two years related experience including sales/marketing, recruitment and/or job coaching. Extensive related experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Must be a results-oriented individual with the ability to motivate and inspire self and others.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm or more accurately and operate standard office equipment.
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, data base applications and the internet.
- Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret information while demonstrating good verbal and written communication and language skills.
- Ability to make civic, social and business contacts
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Varied and relevant work experience and knowledge of community resources.
- Flexibility regarding assigned work hours and location.
- Personal vehicle in good operating order available for travel in and out of town.
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Submit to a background check, drug screen, and driving record check.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.