Help those with disabilities in your community by joining Evansville Goodwill Industries.
We take pride in helping community members with disabilities receive jobs. We believe in “Changing lives through the POWER OF WORK”.
As a full time, salaried exempt staff member reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Specialist is a member of the Human Resources team working in concert with all sectors of the organization. The HR Specialist is assigned a working region and will travel within that region. Will identify, recruit, screen, hire, and on-board for specific positions within the organization. Manage records, generate reports, and be the first point of contact providing HR support. Will support and identify opportunities for the personal and professional growth of employees in support of Goodwill’s mission.
This position requires up to 75% travel daily. The HR Specialist is working an assigned region meaning driving to meeting locations and back to a local office. Includes mileage reimbursement.
1. Support the achievement of agency and HR goals and Donated Goods Retail critical performance factors in alignment with Goodwill’s mission, values, and Guiding Principles.
2. Maintain accurate records of active job openings and received applications; manage internal and external job postings.
3. Consult with site location management staff to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
4. Maintain employee records, ensuring completion and accuracy of details such as employee contact information, job classification, pay rates, organizational structure, and other key details.
5. Review applications; schedules and conducts interviews; makes job offers; conducts drug screening and background checks.
6. Check candidates’ references and credentials when required, verifying experience and backgrounds.
7. Counsel candidates on the interview and hiring process.
8. Conduct new employee on-boarding and training in conjunction with management staff.
9. Perform administrative and record-keeping tasks related to staffing changes, which may include resignations, terminations, and extended leaves of absence.
10. Organize and attend job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
11. Arrange meeting locations, travel, and/or accommodations for applicants when necessary.
12. Maintain and ensure compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
13. Apply agency policies as set by the Board of Directors and directed by the President, demonstrate Goodwill values in all actions and assure implementation of Guiding Principles, standard operating procedures, and CARF standards.
14. Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
15. Implement and administer policies.
16. Provide HR support to management team members.
17. Inspire a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values staff development and training, communication and a commitment to excellence to meet current and future leadership requirements.
18. Ensure mission integration by maximizing employment and training opportunities for people with barriers to employment.
19. Utilize our training software to develop and deliver meaningful training and leadership development opportunities to all employees.
20. Reliable transportation to meet 75% travel requirement to site locations in assigned regions. Track and report mileage for company reimbursement.
21. Ability to work effectively around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to: dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold.
22. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent; Associates degree required or suitable Human Resources experience.
2. Ability to relate tactfully with all levels of personnel and temperaments, as well as with the general public, and to understand the needs and problems of people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and travel on company business including occasional overnights.
5. Ability to make civic, social, and business contacts.
6. Computer proficiency including keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and internet.
7. Clerical skills and experience.
8. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
9. Possess good organizational skills.
10. Ability to work without close supervision.
11. Ability to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
12. Possess a positive attitude and demonstrate emotional intelligence.
13. Demonstrate loyalty to the agency and its policies.
14. Ability to sit, stand, travel, lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
15. Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, current insurance and clean driving record.
16. Provide police background report.
17. Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.