Job Title: Lead Material Handler
Responsible to: Operations Supervisor and/or Transportation Supervisor
1. Work with Operations Supervisor and/or Transportation Supervisor to maintain dock and
plant area at an optimum level of orderliness and safety.
2. Provide hands-on assistance in all departmental functions, as needed.
3. Performance of other duties on behalf of the Agency, as assigned by the Operations
Supervisor and/or Transportation Supervisor.
4. Maintain efficient departmental workflow.
5. Organize donations to allow for safe and efficient operations.
6. Provide instruction to employees/clients in proper material handling techniques.
7. Assist in unloading trucks and helping drivers with store shipments, pick-ups and
collections as directed by the Operations Supervisor and/or Transportation Supervisor.
8. Operate baler and bale salvage as needed.
9. Must be physically able to lift 50 pounds and able to perform the assigned responsibilities
(standing, bending, walking, climbing).
10. Must be present and prompt daily.
11. Must be flexible and able to fill in for other departments, as needed.
1. Performance of other duties on behalf of the Agency as assigned by the Transportation
Supervisor and/or Operations Supervisor.
1. Must be physically capable of performing essential functions of the position.
2. Stand for extended periods of time.
3. Flexible work schedule to include evenings and weekends, if necessary.
4. Must be certified to operate a fork truck.
5. Ability to work without close supervision.
6. Must be honest and dependable and exercise good judgment and initiative.
7. Must possess leadership qualities that motivate subordinates.
8. Courteous and tactful communication.
9. Provide police background report.
10. Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
11. Remain loyal to company and its policies.
Store hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm; Sunday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.