When you join the Goodwill team, it’s not just a job. You are a part of the bigger picture of helping others in your community. When donations are taken and sold in our stores, we are able to provide jobs to those with barriers to employment. Through the funds generated in our stores, we are able to provide job training and placement for those with disabilities in your local community. So, this is not just a job; it’s the opportunity to help others. Help us help people.
The Lead Processor is a full-time, 40 hour per week, position. Paid weekly at $9.50/hr with benefits available after 90 days.
Mission Contribution: The Lead Processor will assist in directing day-to-day mission-integrated plant operations. It is the responsibility of the Lead Processor to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill plant to maximize revenue generation to support the mission of Goodwill.
Organizational Design: Under the leadership of the Operations Supervisor, the Lead Processor is a member of the Donated Goods Retail Operations team and is tasked with assisting the Operations Supervisor with daily processing operations and the continued development of team members, clients and volunteers. This position will also help identify opportunities for the personal and professional growth of employees in support of Goodwill’s mission.
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and providing assistance with basic questions about store operations and/or merchandise.
- Ability to meet production standards for stemming, hanging, pricing, sorting, stocking, and pulling.
- Must ensure that all products are constantly being rotated.
- Train, develop, and supervise team members.
- Sort donations according to company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform basic calculations to track donations, count production, and ability to price donated goods within Goodwill guidelines.
- Ensure the proper handling and processing of incoming donations in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures including the use of a pallet jack.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure customer and donor experience is positive.
- Assist in the scheduling and efficient use of labor hours.
- Assist in day-to-day operations.
- Assist in maintenance and ordering of supplies.
- Ensure security according to agency policies and procedures.
- Assist with Goodwill image and safety practices and procedures compliance.
- Assist in the proper rotation of apparel and hard goods in a timely manner and in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of merchandise knowledge, industry trends and competitive pricing.
- Ensure statistical counts (i.e. donor counts, apparel hung, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Complete daily activity reports and transmittal of reports in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties and management responsibilities within the framework of our Guiding Principles.
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must be dependable, punctual, and maintain satisfactory attendance.
- May be asked to participate in activities outside of Goodwill.
- Attend in-service and related training as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Pass drug test and criminal background check.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and team lift or use equipment to aid in the lifting and movement of items over 40 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to, bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets).
Working environment is indoors with occasional exposure to outside temperatures, and will work around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to, dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
By responding to this ad you are authorizing the receipt of emails and/or text messages about this job posting.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.