- Provide hands-on assistance and/or coverage for used goods processing, as assigned daily. Job duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Supervise of employees/clients in the processing of donations and use of equipment;
- Coordination of personnel to meet daily requirements;
- Maintenance of daily production records;
- Train all new employees in the production area;
- Determine if donated items are of appropriate quality and value for store sales;
- Maintain a clean and orderly store appearance;
- Stock and pull merchandise;
- Assist contributions and issue receipts as necessary;
- Load and operate trash compactor (if applicable) as needed;
- Sort donation into designated categories (textiles, wares, etc.);
- Price/stock/rotate merchandise as needed;
- Hang and stem sorted textiles;
- Organize materials and workspace to maintain safe and efficient workflow;
- Operation of cash register, if needed;
- Maintenance of proper housekeeping and safety standards;
- Janitorial duties inside and outside; and
- Light lawn care and maintenance of grounds.
- Must be mobile and physically capable of performing assigned responsibilities. (Lifting up to 40 lbs., standing, walking, climbing, bending).
- Must be able to tolerating standing for long periods of time.
- Must be prompt and present daily, as scheduled.
- Must have flexible schedule and be available for morning, evening and weekend scheduling.
- Must be able to work in any Evansville Goodwill locations.
- Performance of other duties on behalf of the agency as assigned.
- Assist other Leads, Assistant Managers, Managers and employees, as needed.
- Have good judgment and initiative.
- Tolerance to production pressure.
- Courteous and tactful written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Must pass background check and all drug and alcohol screens.
- Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Ability to supervise and motivate personnel and clients.
- Loyalty to the agency and its policies.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.