When you join the Goodwill team, it’s not just a job. You are a part of the bigger picture of helping others in your community. When donations are taken and sold in our stores, we are able to provide jobs to those with barriers to employment. Through the funds generated in our stores, we are able to provide job training and placement for those with disabilities in your local community. So, this is not just a job; it’s the opportunity to help others. Help us help people.
The Processor is a part-time, 29 hour per week, position. Paid weekly at $8.25/hr, direct deposit available.
Mission Contribution: Under the leadership of the Operations Supervisor, the Processor will assist in day-to-day production operations. It is the responsibility of the Processor to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize revenue generation to support the mission of Goodwill.
Organizational Design: The Processor is a part-time, hourly position. The Processor is a member of the Retail Operations team and processes product and provides excellent customer service. This position also assists in other areas of product movement when assigned.
- Ability to meet production standards for stemming, hanging, pricing, sorting, stocking, and pulling.
- Must ensure that all products are constantly being rotated.
- Sort donations according to company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform basic calculations to track donations, count production, and ability to price donated goods within Goodwill guidelines.
- Ensure the proper handling and processing of incoming donations in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures including the use of a pallet jack.
- Responsible for training and developing team members within the framework of Goodwill policies, procedures and job descriptions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times and presents a friendly, cooperative attitude to general public and associates at all times.
- Help load and unload store merchandise as needed.
- Assist in training team members.
- Notify Manager/Supervisor of low and overstocked items.
- Perform necessary janitorial work as needed.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties within the framework of our Guiding Principles.
- Ensure customer and donor experience is positive.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Pass drug test and criminal background check.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment: The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and team lift or use equipment to aid in the lifting and movement of items over 40 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to, bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets).
Working environment is indoors with occasional exposure to outside temperatures, and will work around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to, dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
By responding to this ad you are authorizing the receipt of emails and/or text messages about this job posting.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.