- Provide hands-on assistance and/or coverage for used goods processing and sales as assigned daily. Job duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Operate Cash register;
- Determine if donated items are of appropriate quality and value for store sales;
- Maintain a clean and orderly store appearance;
- Assist customers with purchase and loading of merchandise;
- Stock and pull merchandise;
- Sort and price house wares, shoes, books and non-textile items;
- Assist contributions and issue receipts as necessary;
- Load and operate trash compactor as needed;
- Prepare merchandise for store supply;
- Assist in stacking of merchandise when assigned;
- Sort donation into designated categories (textiles, wares, etc.);
- Hang and stem sorted textiles;
- Organize materials to maintain safe and efficient workflow;
- Janitorial duties inside and outside; and
- Light lawn care and maintenance of grounds.
- Must be mobile and physically capable of performing assigned responsibilities. (Lifting up to 25 lbs., standing, walking, climbing, bending).
- Must be prompt and present daily, as scheduled.
- Must have flexible schedule and be available for morning, evening and weekend scheduling.
- Must be able to work in any Evansville Goodwill locations.
- Performance of other duties on behalf of the agency as assigned.
- Have good judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Must pass background check and all drug and alcohol screens.
- Able to work flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Loyalty to the agency and its policies.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.