Help those with disabilities in your community by joining Evansville Goodwill Industries. We take pride in helping community members with disabilities receive job training and job placement through our Work Solutions program.
This is a part-time 29 hour per week position and is eligible for holiday pay after 30 days and vacation time after 1 year.
- Operate the switchboard, route all incoming calls and take messages using professional manners with each caller.
- Offer a friendly welcome to each guest and provide clear directions to the appropriate office.
- Type, copy and fax reports and schedules as needed.
- Maintain sufficient supply of client and employee intake materials.
- Complete accurate and timely filing of all client records, opening of new client files and closing of discharged client files.
- Assist Employment Specialist with client job development, documentation and job retention activities as assigned.
- Assist Employment Specialist with keeping track of “in house” clients’ activities and assist with the computer / clerical portion of their evaluations, as needed.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of individual client resumes’ and cover letters.
- Type additional client materials as assigned.
- Utilize (CATS) client data management system and assist in the clients follow up / filling out retention questionnaires and transfer gathered information into CATS.
- Facilitate timely and accurate billings to all referral sources; maintain accurate bookkeeping and updating Excel spreadsheets to reflect recent billings /revenue.
- Set up interview appointments and perform other tasks related to the hiring process as assigned.
- Explain and assist in completing the new employee’s intake paperwork. This includes filling out the required tax forms and United Way contributions slips, going over the employee handbook, policies & procedures, and accessing Brainshark content as required.
- Maintain client-related files, diagnostics, referral paper work and work evaluation forms.
- Schedule pickups for the Transportation Department and maintain records concerning house calls.
- Handle incoming/outgoing mail.
- Assist with hosting duties, and scheduling/ use of conference room and client computer scheduling.
- Maintain an organized, efficient and orderly appearance of entire reception and office area.
- Assist with the provision of office supplies, program forms, and client materials.
- Attend all training opportunities in Evansville as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be prompt and present daily.
- Provide police background report.
- Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
- Remain loyal to company and its policies.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency including word processing, internet, database and spreadsheets.
- Clerical skills and experience.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess a positive attitude and demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- A valid driver’s licenses and ability to transport clients as needed.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.