Mission Contribution: Under the leadership of the Store Manager, the Store Key Holder will assist in the day-to-day store operations. To ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to maximize profitability and increase training opportunities. It is the responsibility of Key Holder to ensure the efficient and cost effective operation and stewardship of the Goodwill store to fund the development and placement of persons served.
Organizational Design: The Store Key Holder is a full-time, hourly management position. The Key Holder is a member of the Retail Operations team and is tasked with assisting the Store Manager with the daily operation of the retail store and the continued development of the store team members, clients and volunteers. This position will also help identify opportunities for the personal and professional growth of employees in support of Goodwill’s mission.
- Responsible for performing assigned duties and management responsibilities in partnership with the Store Manager within the framework of our Guiding Principles:
§ Providing best-in-class customer service
§ Maintaining clean, neat, organized and safe facilities
§ Maintaining stores full of fresh inventory
§ Using data analytics to drive performance
- Input data into a centralized spreadsheet and/or data collection system.
- Ability to use a computer based register system.
- Must be able to perform basic financial calculations for cash handling, register balancing, store finance reporting, and safe management.
- Perform store audits and utilize results to direct needed changes.
- Manage product logistics including but not limited to: stemming, hanging, pricing, sorting, stocking, pulling, and use of fork trucks and/or pallet jacks.
- Responsible for training, supervising, and developing team members within the framework of Goodwill policies, procedures and job descriptions.
- Assist the Store Manager and Store Assistant Manager in the day-to-day operations of the store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training as a backup for scheduling of labor and preparation of time cards /sheets.
- Responsible for reporting transportation and maintenance needs of the store to the Store Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring proper branding, image and security of the store according to agency policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies in a secured manner in accordance with established budget and agency practices.
- Ensure customer and donor experience is positive.
- Ensure the proper handling and processing of incoming donations in and out of the store in accordance with Goodwill policies and procedures.
- Ensure that store meetings are held and that agency directives are communicated to all team members.
- Assist in the proper rotation of apparel and hard goods in a timely manner and in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure statistical counts (i.e. donor counts, apparel hung, etc.) are completed in an accurate and timely manner. Complete register pulls, readings, cash reports, daily activity reports, transmittal of reports and daily deposits in accordance with Goodwill’s policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of product knowledge, industry trends, and competitive pricing through comparative shopping of competitors (e.g. full or discount retail, consignment, and second-hand thrift).
- Must perform necessary janitorial work.
- Ability to multi-task, make quick decisions and work in a team oriented, fast paced environment.
- Must have punctual and dependable attendance.
- Participate in Goodwill events and activities outside of routine duties as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Basic computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office products.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Ability to read, write and communicate in English with good communication skills and ability to communicate with the public and department staff.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation for travel between Goodwill sites and Goodwill auxiliaries.
· Must be able to pass skills and knowledge assessment testing.
· Pass drug test and criminal background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIORNMENT:
The physical demands/work environment conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include the ability to twist, bend, squat, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and pull. The employee must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and team lift or use equipment to aid in the lifting and movement of items over 40 pounds (common items include, but are not limited to, bags of clothes/miscellaneous items, televisions, computers, sofas, kitchen appliances, bicycles and bedroom sets).
Working environment is indoors with occasional exposure to outside temperatures, and will work around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to, dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Balanced Scorecard/Key Performance Indicators:
- Mission Integration
- Units Produced
- Customer Experience
- Process Checklist
- Data Collection & Accuracy
- Safety Culture
- Loss Prevention Culture
- Production Management
- Training & Development
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.50 per hour
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.