- Operate cash register.
- Determine if donated items are of appropriate quality and value for store sales, price & date as needed.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store appearance.
- Assist customers with purchase and loading of merchandise.
- Prepare merchandise displays to facilitate sales, stock and pull merchandise.
- Assist in training of new store personnel and clients.
- Cover for employee’s lunches and breaks.
- Perform “open” and “closing” procedures, (including deposits and sales reports).
- Supervise store personnel in absence of store manager and assistant manager.
- Physically able to lift 40 pounds and able to tolerate standing for long periods.
- Must be present and prompt daily.
- Must be flexible and able to fill in at other store locations, as needed.
- Performance of other duties on behalf of the Agency as assigned by the Store Manager.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent, or two years applicable job experience.
- Knowledge of basic math and cash register operation.
- Must be honest and trustworthy; have neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to supervise and motivate personnel and clients.
- Retail sales experience; ability to meet and deal with the public effectively.
- Must be available for scheduling Monday through Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. and Sunday
12:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Provide police background report.
- Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
- Courteous and tactful written and oral communication skills.
- Remain loyal to company and its policies.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.