Website Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc.
If you have a hunger for helping those in your community with disabilities, then Evansville should be the place to call home. Evansville Indiana has a thriving community where “E” is for EVERYONE. That means not only does Evansville Goodwill have a mission of changing lives through the power of work, but the community itself is charged with improving lives through employment.
For more information about Evansville visit “E” Is For Everyone at: eisforeveryone.com
Interesting Evansville Facts:
- The average detached home costs $112,000
- Mean rent is $738 per month
- A gallon of milk is $.98
- Population is 119,000 – the third most populous city in Indiana
- “A League of Their Own” was filmed in Evansville at the historic Bosse Field, which is the 3rd oldest ballpark still in regular use in the US.
Evansville Goodwill is currently in a period of growth and evolution. We are growing each of our store locations, taking on new technologies, expanding our training programs to enrich the lives of our employees and clients, and developing a more comprehensive community outreach program.
We are seeking a strong leader to drive our organization to next level to better serve our community through our mission “To provide quality vocational and developmental opportunities to people who are disabled and/or disadvantaged in order to enhance their ability to achieve full participation in society.”
The Vice President of Retail Operations will oversee the strategic and operational leadership of our donated goods retail program including retail stores, centralized and decentralized processing operations, material collections, after-market, and transportation.
Familiarity with operational procedures at all levels of an organization, a strong analytical and data-driven mindset that translates into leadership skills and the ability to inspire employees to live up to their potential and optimize their productivity is strongly desired.
For more information about Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. visit: evvgoodwill.org
Staff Supervised: Regional Directors of Sales, Operations, and Transportation
- Lead, manage, and supervise all retail store operations, centralized and decentralized donated goods production, collections, after-market, and transportation logistics and synchronize activities of each to assure achievement of short and long-term goals.
- Focus on, utilize, and educate/train retail and operations staff on metrics and supply chain process improvements for long term organizational growth.
- Make regular site visits to all locations to direct, assist, and instruct staff as to their methods, procedures and standards of performance.
- Collect data, analyze trends, plan, direct and coordinate retail operations to achieve market growth.
- Conduct ongoing sales and productivity analysis and initiate appropriate action necessary to achieve strategic and financial goals.
- Apply agency policies as set by the Board of Directors and directed by the President and assure implementation of standard operating procedures and CARF standards.
- Develop and implement operational standards and procedures and evaluate results.
- Lead and inspire a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values staff development and training, communication and a commitment to excellence to meet current and future leadership requirements.
- Oversee budgetary and capital planning as well as cost management for retail operations in alignment with Goodwill’s operational needs and strategic plan.
- Develop annual and long-term strategic objectives and budgets in coordination with the executive team and retail operations staff which demonstrate continued operational improvement and retail operations optimization.
- Develop new retail store and donation sites, negotiate property leases or purchase contracts in conjunction with the President and in accordance with strategic plans.
- Plan and develop layout of stores and purchase fixtures to maximize retail sales.
- Work with Community Relations Director to organize and advertise grand opening and customer appreciation events, donation drives, and other retail operations related events, advertising and community outreach.
- Ensure mission integration by maximizing employment and training opportunities for people with barriers to employment within retail operations.
- Attend Board meetings and Board Committee meetings as assigned by the President.
- Promote and ensure a clean, safe, and healthy work environment in all facilities by enforcing all safety practices and regulations.
- Ability to work effectively around occupational allergens, both air and contact, including but not limited to: dust, animal hair and dander, perfumes, and mold.
- In coordination with HR, oversee the recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, disciplining, and termination, when necessary, of employees within purview.
- Provide orientation and training to new staff under his/her authority and coordinate in-service training with HR for current staff.
- Utilize Brainshark to develop and deliver meaningful training and leadership development opportunities to all employees.
- Develop, maintain, and verify meaningful management reports.
- Coordinate the activities of assigned staff with those of other departments to ensure effective communication and cooperation.
- Supervise staff and offer Performance Evaluations at least annually. Make appropriate recommendations regarding personnel and wage changes to President.
- Provide presentations for civic and business organizations and perform related public relations duties.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Five plus years of senior level retail management experience, preferably as a multi-unit manager, with experience in store layout, cash management, merchandising, supervision, supply chain process improvement, logistics, and inventory control.
- Possess a blend of technical expertise, business acumen, and leadership skills that promote a culture of excellent service, high integrity, and honorable conduct.
- Strong skills in budgeting, financial and other data analysis, reporting, and utilizing data to inform decision making and achievement of strategic goals.
- Ability to relate tactfully with all levels of personnel and temperaments, as well as with the general public, and to understand the needs and problems of people with disabilities and other barriers to employment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends and travel on company business including occasional overnights.
- Ability to make civic, social, and business contacts.
- Computer proficiency including keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, point of sale, and internet.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and demonstrate emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrate loyalty to the agency and its policies.
- Ability to sit, stand, travel, lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, current insurance and clean driving record.
- Provide police background report.
- Submit to pre-employment and random drug screens.
Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply for this job please visit evvgoodwill.org.