About the Program

About the Program

About the Program
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) is a community service job training program for older Americans. Authorized by the Older Americans Act, the program provides training for older job seekers who have low incomes and are unemployed.

Goodwill Industries is working with the U.S. Department of Labor to provide critical job training and employment services through SCSEP in 9 different states.

The goal of this program is to provide training and employment services for individuals who are 55 years of age and older and have low incomes.

The goal of this program is to provide training and employment services for individuals who are 55 years of age and older and have low incomes.

Evansville Goodwill Industries provides services to 20 different counties as shown on the map to the right:

Kentucky: Daviess, Henderson, Hopkins, McLean

Indiana: Crawford, Dubois, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Spencer

Illinois: Clay, Crawford, Hamilton, Jasper, Jefferson, Lawrence, Richland, Wabash, Wayne, White

Goodwill is helping older job seekers learn new job skills while training at public and nonprofit organizations in their communities such as housing agencies, food banks, libraries, schools, senior centers, and child care centers. The goal is that program participants will take the skills they learn in the program to gain employment in the private or public sector for which wages, or wages and tips, are paid that equal or exceed the federal hourly minimum wage.

When older job seekers come to Goodwill, employment specialists deliver thorough needs assessments, create individual employment plans, administer basic skills classes and assist in job placement, training and eventual transition to non-subsidized employment.

Goodwill's SCSEP effort has helped more than 8,502 older workers in local communities since 2006.


Goodwill® proudly participates in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. A $22,011,223 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor provided 90 percent of the funding for Goodwill's SCSEP programs in the program year 2020. Goodwills provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth $2,201,122.00. See goodwill.org/scsep for funding details.

Evansville Goodwill Industries, Inc. received a subaward of $781,450 and is contributing in-kind contributions valued at $90,092.29 to cover the remaining 10 percent of operational costs.

To talk to a Goodwill Employment Specialist directly, reach out to one of the numbers below:

Indiana Employment Specialist: Andre Green

(812) 774-1121

Illinois Employment Specialist: Caina Wisdom

(618) 315-9969

Kentucky Employment Specialist: Alyssa Warner

(270) 929-6496

Goodwill® proudly participates in the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP), a national employment and training program funded by the U.S. Department of Labor. A $22,938,400 grant from the U.S. Department of Labor provided 90 percent of the funding for the Goodwill's SCSEP programs in the program year 2021. Goodwills provided the remaining 10 percent through in-kind contributions worth $2,548,711.

Evansville Goodwill received a sub award of $778,848.00 and is contributing in-kind contributions valued at $90,525.00 to cover the remaining 10 percent of operational costs.